Sunday, March 27, 2011

Review: Conquer the 3952 metre Yushan - the Roof of North East Asia

From the time I went to Taiwan, I had a hope to take a step to the highest point of this small country - also the highest mountain of the North East Asia. However, my little dream was not easy to be implemented. It was not because of the rugged mountain, but because of the tough weather and the promiscuous procedure to have the permission.
2 years in Taiwan, I applied twice but was only accepted once; however, at that time, there was a snow storm so I had to delay it. The time ran so fast that I had only 2 months left in Taiwan; all of my friends had come back to their hometown, and I still had the unfinished project ahead.

In a panic, I quickly applied for the permission when knowing that my friend only had two weeks left until he left this country. "There is out of place" was the email they sent back to me. Fortunately, I remembered that I had a friend working in the Yushan National Park; so I tried to contact with him and finally he made a concession to list me in the top of waiting list, and then the next 2 days, he confirmed that he had 4 tickets for me and my friends.

At that time, I felt so lucky and my dream was nearly become true.


Here are some picture of Yushan - the roof of North East Asia:





 


- From phuot.com -

0 comments:

Post a Comment